So I'm afraid don't have any new drawing to show you... but I do have some holiday snaps!
|Stripy Rabbit also came to Dubai and was photographed in various locations.|
|The day we went to the fish market in Sharjah.|
|Riding the four wheeled bicycle at Creekside Park. We also had a picnic.|
|My mum and Henry on an Abra boat going across the creek.|
|View from the restaurant balcony where we watched the dancing fountains.|
|Underwater swimming in the pool. These were taken through a window.|
|Swimming as night begins to fall and the lights come on in the pool.|
|Henry pretending to meditate in the baby swimming pool.|
|Me seemingly captivated by the snakes in the Dubai aquarium.|
- arriving on my birthday and having a chocolate cake and presents :)
- playing 'Bananagrams,' such a fun game!
- eating yummy food such as squid rings and shark and falafels and the most amazing 'hunger busta burger' yum yum yum
- discovering a really delicious layered smoothie drink at a cafe, mango, avocado and strawberry you should try it!
- going to the Dubai aquarium and going in a glass bottomed boat over the sharks and stingrays
- going to 'Wild Wadi' waterpark, they have some amazingly fun and terrifying rides there
- doing lots of reading. I think I sort of rediscovered my love of reading this holiday. Among others I read 'Tintin' and 'Fire and Hemlock' by Diana Wynne Jones. Really good! I also read the last book in the 'Mennyms' series by Sylvia Waugh- a story about a family of life size rag dolls.
- picking up some lovely sparkly netting in the material shops in Satwa, all shades of pink, purple, black and white. I want to make more ballerina tutus with them. They have so many craft and fabric shops in Dubai if you know where to look. They also have an incredible button shop, just rooms and rooms full to bursting with buttons. Also shops full of diamante's and beads in all the colours of the rainbow!
- going to the gold souk and looking at all the sparkling jewelery. I found the most beautiful stunning jaw dropping diamond necklace there. It was white gold and all the diamonds were shaped into stars of different sizes. I wanted it so badly!... but it was around five thousand pounds.
- cycling in the park on the four wheeled bicycle and having a picnic there by the creek under a palm tree
- watching 'Arrietty' which I got for my birthday.
- stumbling across a performance at the Bastakyia one day. There was a girl there doing a solo show, reciting bits of Shakespeare and her own bits of writing. You could sit on bean bags and watch. It was actually really good.
- eating steak and chips on the balcony of a french restaurant whilst watching the dancing fountains next to the tallest building in the world.
Overall a really really good holiday! And it was nice to come back to a sunny England yesterday. Now it's back to work again!
Hope you're having a sunny Sunday,